16 September 2006

Why do you smoke marijuana?

Here's a question for you to think about today, why do you smoke marijuana?

Can you remember the first time you smoked it? Can you remember how much you smoked and how much you needed to get high?

I'm guessing it didn't take much to get you high the first few times you smoked it. This is because the THC receptors in your brain had never been exposed to cannabis before. And the first time you took a few hits, these THC receptors went crazy! Loads of the little blighters became activated and sent you into an oblivion of stonerism.

How much do you have to smoke now to get you to that same high way back then? Or can't you experience the same highs any more?

You see I'm betting when you started to smoke marijuana you never thought it would be an every day event in your life. Maybe you thought that it was a great way to relax and that you wanted to do it on weekends when you don't have the distractions of work. Or perhaps you decided to do it once or twice a week but limit yourself to doing it in the evenings when you don't have any commitments to fulfil.

Well, this is how I started out. Smoking only a very little bit at the weekends. I was so quickly chasing that same high that I first experienced and kept wanting more. Sometimes I would make myself sick by smoking too much and other times I couldn't smoke enough.

It soon turned into a daily event, and then bi daily and sometimes even worse than that. I would smoke on the way to work some mornings just because I thought I couldn't relax myself naturally and the only way to do it was by having a morning joint. I am sure some of you have been through this before and maybe done even worse.

My point is, it really doesn't take long to form the habit of smoking regularly. But it appears to be such a hard habit to break.

What did you used to do before you smoke weed?
What would you have done yesterday or the day before that if you didn't smoke pot?
What things do you want to accomplish in your life but cannabis holds you back from doing it?
When will you stop smoking marijuana?
Or do you think it is part of you?
Is it part of your lifestyle now because you take enjoyment from it?
What were you thinking about the last time your stash ran out and you couldn't get anymore that day?

These are just some of the questions I think you should be asking yourself. But most importantly ... is it worth it? Is it really worth it?

Do you experience any negatives from smoking marijuana? If you do then review the questions above and make a decision. Cannabis addict or cannabis free. It's your choice at the end of the day, no one is going to force you to quit and no one can change your life unless you want to do it. CannabisAddicts.com is here to support you but we can only do our job if you do yours.

Have a beautiful day everyone!

Do you have something to say about today's blog? Click on the comments button below.

No comments: